AHHHHH..... Ok I just needed to get that out!
This week has bin hell and then some.... So glad its over...
Last Friday:
Rylie finished her evaluations last week. She has sensory issues that need to be addressed but they are not serious. Things should could probably out grow. Her speech is realy delayed though. She has the communication skills of an 11 month old. So almost a year behind. Think of a baby just learning to talk and understand what u are saying and thats Rylie. Its recommended that she gets two sessions of speech therapy a week. But with our insurance its just not gonna happen.
So I called ECI (early childhood Intervention), they were here today. Ill get to that in a minute.
The weekend went well. Nothing much to talk about. Some being lazy around the house on saturday and a trip to the inlaws on Sunday. My MIL gave Rylie a tweenky and poor kid didnt know what to do with it. She just held it loosely like she was scared of it and would not taste it. BJ ended up eating it instead. hehe.
Monday we spent at home just chilling and I spent alot of time in bed just laying around. The girls had started coughing during the weekend and it realy escalated on monday. Then around 2 pm I started feeling realy bad. Upset stomache, body aches, and chills. I did not move off the couch except when I had to.
Tuesday I was feeling better and had a WIC appointment that I had to go to. So even though I was week we went. I had no fever and made sure to stay away from any other kids. Rylie hit another kid for the first time. Ill admit the kid was being a brat. He had just turned two and his mom had no control over him what so ever. But I have never seen Rylie try to hit anyone other than her sister. She usualy just shy's away from them so it was pretty shocking. It was also my brothers 20th bday. Happy Bday Cody! Not that he will read this no one does but hey what the hell. Anyways, we went over and had dinner at my parents. Jojo enjoyed singing and giving him his gifts. Rylie threw a fit when they started singing and walked away from her to my brother. Not sure if she felt left out or if the singing upset her. You never know with this kid. So she kinda ran after them and threw herself on the floor and cryed. It was a super long day for everyone and I was pretty drained. Went home we all took some meds and crashed out.
Wednesday came along and I spent it in bed or on the computer. The girls were still coughing and kinda crabby but nothing too horrible. ECI called at like 3:30 as I was about to go lay down and sayed they would like to see her on Friday at 12:30. I freaked. We have bin sick all week so no house work had bin done and I had an occupational therapy meeting on Friday in Corpus at 10:30. So that only left thursday to get his house presentable. AHHHH...Lots of sleep and ready to eat foods. Early baths and bed.
Thursday dawned bright and early. I was feeling drained but I pushed thru and got the house as clean as possible by 3:30. Had to swing by my Inlaws house to pick up some fundraiser stuff for Jolie's dance class. Off to dance class we went. We were pretty early so I let the girls play on the play ground for a while. They enjoyed it. They needed the fresh air after the week we had. Parents started showing up with their kids and my heart dropped. I hadn't read the note the teacher sent home with the kids last week because Jolie went home with my mom. They were allowed to wear their costumes to dance and Jolie was the only one who didn't wear her's. I so felt like crap. I don't ever want to be the forgetful mom or the mom who's to lazy to dress their kid up. UGH! I promise not to let that happen again. And honestly she didnt even notice and she looked super cute in her dance clothes. It was parent viewing so we got to watch what they were working on. LOL. I didnt realize that my child is the class clown. Now If u ask BJ I have no sense of humor and BJ's humor is limited to nasty or mean jokes. So we have this little class clown. Completely in her own little world during dance class. She enjoys the music and some of the movement but it was so funny watching the faces she would make and do a completely different dance then the rest of them. Granted she was still coughing during the whole class (she covered her mouth for every cough yeah!) but she was still happy to be there. The teacher asked her if she wanted to dance with everyone and Jolie told her No! Im sorry I laughed. Jolie is very assertive. She will obey but it takes a little threatening or firm talk sometimes. Her teachers think she's a hoot though. I was worried maybe we should take her out because she wasnt learning as much but as I watched the other girls I know who are exactly her age. They didnt always do the dances either. Would stair at the ground or play with there feet so no biggy and she enjoys it. As long as its fun. So after showing off for the parents they got cake and juice and we went and met nana and sister out at the play ground. By then it totaly hit me and I was beyond drained. We picked up some taco bell and headed home. I was soooo dissapointed when I drove up and BJ wasnt home. He'd bin gone since 9pm the previous night and should of bin home. Well turns out he wasn't getting off till the next day. Some we eat bath and go to bed. Jolie and I were up all night coughing. Definitly not a restful night.
Friday came along. I got up at 8! Shocking I know. Got dressed cleaned the house up again and woke Rylie up. Got everything ready to go and when my mom showed up I left her in charge of getting Jolie up and dressed and they were gonna spend the day together. Me and Rylie went to OT in corpus. The therapist wants me to try some weird technique that involves rubbing a soft brush up and down Rylies skin all over her body and never breaking contact. Stay away from her face and stomache and roughly drag this soft comb thing all over her body. EVERY HOUR AND A HALF for a WEEK! Um I dont see how this is gonna help Rylie's sensory issues in any way. The therapist tryed to practice on Rylie in the office and Rylie went stiff. Started crying and kicking and just wanted left alone. She was in my lap and I felt like telling that lady to back off. I know that I can do this with out much of a fuss from Rylie because she's comfortable with me but every hour and a half besides bed time but including naps for a week. Its supposed to open her senses or something but all I can see it doing is chaffing her beautiful baby skin and havin her pissed off at me for the next week. Gonna look into online and see about it and then make my decission.I want to be open minded but it just makes me think the lady is a little wacky. We shall see.
After OT we went home. BJ got home around 10 so he had a 34 hour shift. He was tired. We all sat down and ate lunch and he went and crashed out. ECI showed up (yeah they found my house) and were here for about 2 hours. The asked alot of questions and played with Rylie for maybe 10 minutes. That was annoying! About half way thru they asked me were she went. I told them thats a typical day for me U never know where she is. She's supper quiet and stays hidden unless she needs something. Rylie does not require social interaction. She will go to events play and be happy but she's usualy alone. She does not require people to be around. So anyways, She had bin playing in Jolie's room on the floor (about as far away from ECI in my house u can get) and fell asleep on the floor. Too Cute. We finished up paper work and they determind that they can help me. That it will be OT, Speech, and some other that they didnt even tell me. Each will come every two weeks. So 6 visits a month. Now that sounds like a good amount but remember she was recommended to have 8 visits for speech therapy a month. So its only 6 visits for 3 different therapys. They can increase the therapy or decrease it depending on how she's doing (and how there schedules are) so we shall see. They are supposed to call me once they get all the paper work together and get her medical charts from her doctors office.
IDK if Im just being ungrateful (I dont wanna be) but it just didn't seem like they saw what I see and seemed to write off what I said as being 2 or lack of communication. The ECI Occupational therapist said she had some sensory issues but not many and they didnt seem serious. However she also said she didnt think she was autistic that all her characteristics of autism could relate to her sensory issues. She has quite a few autistic traits but none are serious. She's very high functioning but If all those traits be because of her sensory issues how does she not have very many sensory issues. Again UGH! So hard to understand any of it. So anyways, they are supposed to call me and its a wait and see game until then.
Her paperwork came in for her Neurology Evaluation... Its not till March! Hello March! That's five months from now. So Im gonna be the annoying lady on the phone calling all the time asking about cancalations (once I can talk again Im loosing my voice) because I dont want to wait until march to determin If she has any underlying issues like Autism or Sensory Proccessing Disorder Or Whatever! At least I finaly got an affermitive on that the Neurologist is in fact the one who will diagnose her if he see's fit. Yeah One little bit of good Information!
Tomorrow's Halloween. Have no Idea If we are doing anything. Its touch and go right now with how I have bin feeling. At the very least Ill let my mom take Jolie Trick or Treating. Rylie's still really little anyway so she's not gonna care. But Im sad cause I bought there cute costumes and wanted to enjoy this halloween. Anywho, If u actualy read this loonngg post. Bless U. I dont think I could get thru it again. HeHe! Happy Halloween everyone! Be safe enjoy the fun and I hope everyone looks cute in their costumes. Until I feel like boring yall again. Chio!
No comments:
Post a Comment